Background

Thursday, May 23, 2013

It seems like forever!!!!

It seems like forever since I have written on my blog. Some people may think I have abandoned it! Not so!

It has been a hard couple of months. On February 1st, 2013, Mark and I realized that I had not had a menstrual cycle in awhile. In fact it had been since Thanksgiving! Whoops! I thought I had the flu in December because I was so tired and achy.

It wasn't until my birthday that I realized that I hadn't had a cycle in January so, Mark got me a test and we found out that we were expecting! Holy Cow!

Unfortunately, we lost the baby a short three weeks later. We were just one week from finding out the sex of the baby. I was heartbroken. I still have a box of items I bought for our sweet little one.

I think the only solace I have is that I will be able to see that baby again. I just have a to continue on the right path and keep my covenants I made in the temple.

I am not going to lie. I cry daily about the loss. I know that many people may feel that I shouldn't, but for me...I never thought there was even a small chance of being a mother and when that small chance turned into a reality and then was taken just as quick..it left me devastated.

I am grateful to my class of 6th graders,  with out them I don't think I would have made it through. One of my students who I cant name, has helped me so much. I don't think he will ever know how much! He is the reason I got into education in the first place. His smile and big heart helps me daily. I know he has a family that loves him, but I am grateful to share in that love as well. He comes into my class daily and talks to me about his life, he jokes and plays daily, and he gives me hugs that heal all my wounds.

If I never get to have my own children, I will have the cherished memory of the kids in my 6th grade class.

OK! Enough of the sad stuff!

March was pretty good and April even better! I have so many pictures to share too! Stay tuned as I get caught up!

Love,

Corissa

No comments:

Post a Comment