Background

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ham & Cheese Pockets.....and more.

I seriously struggle with ideas for dinner. I have to keep it in my carb range and still make sure my hubby gets enough to eat too. Mark usually only eats breakfast and dinner. He goes to school all day and doesn't stop to eat. I wish I could do that.... I always tease him and ask if he has a hump like a camel....He doesn't laugh :-)

So, I went in search of budget friendly recipes and found this one. I used lunch meat ham from the store and Swiss cheese.....

Ham & Cheese Pocket Recipe

Ingredients
  • 1 tube refrigerated biscuits {we used Jumbo Flaky, Walmart brand}
  • Sliced Ham
  • Swiss Cheese, shredded
  • 1 egg white to seal the biscuits
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter for brushing on the top {optional}
  • Sprinkle of oregano {optional}
Instructions
  1. Slice ham and shred cheese, set aside (any ham, any cheese)
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  3. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray
  4. Flatten out biscuits with your fingers, until about double in size
  5. Lay ham on one side of biscuit, add some cheese
  6. Lightly brush egg white on one side of biscuit, fold over and seal with fork dipped in egg white
  7. Lightly brush on melted butter and sprinkle with oregano {optional}
  8. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown

    They are 12 carbs each...which means I could eat 2 and still have fruit with my dinner....So, we carrots, bananas, and grapes for dinner.

    I accidently bought grapes with seeds....and I just have to say... not my favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment